Design To Last A Lifetime
Did you know it’s actually more affordable to renovate your home for better accessibility than to move to senior housing? I want to help you continue to enjoy your home through life’s many changes. Using the latest in evidence-based design practices, I provide solid research-based solutions to adapt your home for better mobility as you age, while keeping in mind budget and personal taste in decor.
My previous experience as a social worker gives me special insight into how to work as an advocate for you, with your family, and with other design and construction professionals. Together we can work as a team to make your home safe and specific to your changing needs and abilities.
There are many features, besides stair chairs, which help you to remain in your home while still being aesthetically pleasing:
- Slip-resistant flooring, for safer mobility
- Decorative support rails, and grab bars in bathrooms which look like towel bars
- Widening doorways to 36 inches, if possible, for easier movement from room to room
- Countertops of varying heights, to allow for sitting or standing
- Rocker light switches and lever door handles to make it easy to turn on lights and open doors
- Built-in shower seats that can turn your shower into a spa
As an aging-in-place specialist, I can help you renovate in both a beautiful and functional way, essentially improving your initial investment. Together, we’ll explore the choices and resources available to you.